Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Valentine Design Tablecloth

Just love this particular design! When I found the book, "First Book of Modern Lace Knitting", I spent hours pouring over the beautiful designs... Lots of large projects and very pretty but this one jumped out and said, "EXTEND ME" and as you know, I am the Extension Queen! An obsession of mine to see if I can do it and get the design to be my own to a certain point. The "Valentine" design is actually a nice, small doily pattern...wasted, I'm afraid. This makes a beautiful tablecloth with the extensions and what daughter or granddaughter wouldn't be proud to display it and brag on the loving, knitting-type mother or grandmother that gave it to them. So proudly, I present this gorgeous heirloom wannabe and hope you'll love it as I do and aspire to knit one for yourself or a loved one. This pattern is now available for download from patternfish.com for $8.00. Purchasing from the blog with comment, pattern is available for $7.00. Just post and I'll send you an invoice via Paypal through my personal account. Mary

2 comments:

Melly said...

Dear Mary,
as I told you on Rav, this really is gorgeous!
I would love to have the instructions for this, please send me an invoice to
Mel(dot)Mathews(at)gmx(dot)net
(remove dots and ats and replace them with the real thing...lol)
Thanks in advance!
love and hugs
Melly

mwhite said...

Thank you, Melly! I sent you an email!